On 22/09/2011 19:50, DrBloodmoney wrote:
On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Micky Hulse<rgmi...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Simon Connah<simon.connah...@gmail.com>  wrote:
So do you just tend to create a new misc app to hold all these little bits and
pieces or is there a convention for such things?
For a few projects at work, we use a "global" app that contains code
for use in other apps.

Very similar. I think that a lot of people use a 'core' app. It's what
I use and where I dump a lot of models and utilities/forms that cannot
be separated from the project itself. It's where I'll put profiles and
account routing, about pages, etc.

Ah good. At least I am following convention then with the only difference that I tend to put project specific stuff in an app called misc.

This is one of the areas that I think Django could do with improving on. You might not have enough functionality to justify turning it into a complete application but you still want to keep it clean and tidy somewhere.