This is rather common when moving over from the dev server to a
production environment.  Sometimes it can be tricky to map all the
static URL paths in the web server serving the static content, such as
the JavaScripts which treemenus uses.  I haven't used treemenus
before, but from past experiences with working with different apps and
moving over to a production environment, I can advise the following
steps to troubleshoot.

* Compare the output HTML from both the dev server and the production
server.
* Make sure all the resources pointed to by the production server
exist, eg. /media/js/mycode.js, in Firefox you can click these
resources in the source view.
* If any resources return a Django error, or a 404 page, that's where
your problem lies.  You will need to create a few location {} blocks
in nginx to point to the resources on the production server.  You
should have already done this for the admin app.
* Make sure you have everything needed installed on the production
server, although if anything was missing Django would have gave an
ImportError exception, it's still good to check.
* Be sure that nginx is passing all the header information to the
application, I'm not sure how wsgi works, I personally use FastCGI
with Django and Nginx.
* Check the nginx log files to see if there are any 404 or 500 error
messages, the page won't display these for resources such as a missing
JS/CSS file.

Hope this helps in your troubleshooting efforts.