You could pass the values from the view to the template and use javascript
(I would suggest using jQuery) if there are only a few options. I would
suggest using Dajax (dajaxproject.com) for your AJAX commands. It is really
easy to plug into Django, and you should get familiar with it and the
jQuery javascript framework. They work very well for making the UI fun and
easy. There is also jQuery-UI which builds on the jQuery library with tons
more user interface options, like calendar pickers, sliders, etc. Good
stuff! :-)

Furbeenator