Hello,

I am in the process of upgrading this "old" functional code:

urls_old.py:
<https://gist.github.com/1356108#file_urls_old.py>

views_old.py:
<https://gist.github.com/1356108#file_views_old.py>

Here's what I have so far:

urls.py:
<https://gist.github.com/1356108#file_urls.py>

views.py:
<https://gist.github.com/1356108#file_views.py>

---------

I just have a few questions:

1.

How can I access kwargs from the URL?

When I try self.kwargs['username'] I get this error:

"Generic detail view UserDetail must be called with either an object
pk or a slug."

2.

All I want to do is pass "user" and "profile" to my template...
Looking at my class-based view/url, am I going about this right (other
than the error)?

As it stands now, my "new" code seems kinda convoluted; having to say
"self.profile" and then call get_context_data just to pass "profile"
seems like a lot of extra work when compared to the older
function-based view.

---------

Any tips ya'll could provide would be extremely helpful! :)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,