You can get to the python interactive interpreter by typing "python" into a
Dos shell, as long as the python executable is in your system path. The
IDLE command line should work, also. In the Python folder there should be a
site-packages folder which contains a folder named django. The "import
django" command is attempting to import from there by default. So, if that
is failing, the django site package must not be installed properly. When
you download the Django package as a zip file, extract it to a location.
>From that location there is a setup.py file. From a shell go to that
location and enter "python setup.py install". This should install the
Django framework into the Python site-packages folder, and the "import
django" should work from a python shell.

Cheers,

Furbee