On 08-12-11 10:57, Hassan wrote:
I am new to django  , i am really worried about deployment  and i have
alot of questions , i hope you can help me guys .

First : I want to you ARVIXE for hosting  , thay dont have django
installed , what would i do when django is not installed and i want to
host a django project ??

ARVIXE has python on its list of supported tools, so that ought to be OK. I'd send them an email on how they normally host that.

Normally, if you have to do it manually, you'd install django and your own code in a separate directory somewhere. On the Django website, you'll find instructions on how to run Django as a so-called "WSGI" service.

WSGI means web server gateway interface, which is the standard way to connect from a webserver (apache, for instance) to python (and thus django).

Second : i want to use apachy and mod_python  , what is the structure
of my files , what to upload ?

mod_python is very outdated and unmaintained for years. Almost everyone uses wsgi (for apache: mod_wsgi) nowadays. Look a bit at the django documentation to get an idea.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees                    http://reinout.vanrees.org/
rein...@vanrees.org             http://www.nelen-schuurmans.nl/