On Dec 7, 4:39 pm, Martin Tiršel <dja...@blackpage.eu> wrote:

> I would not recommend the Satchmo although it is a great project and you
> can learn a lot from it. Reasons:
>
> 1.) very very very bad documentation, you have to search a lot in the
> Satchmo code (good for somebody who wants to learn :). And for some
> features you don't even know how to use them.

I concede that the documentation isn't the greatest (patches
welcome!). I think "bad" is probably more accurate than the threefold-
very bad. :) There is, however, a pretty active google group at
http://groups.google.com/group/satchmo-users/.

> 2.) heavyweight - for a page to loat you need 200-300 SQL queries

Not true. How many queries are executed will depend upon what page you
are loading, how many products you have, how many variations for a
custom product, etc.

> 3.) Django admin interface is not suited for such application

I don't know exactly what you mean by that. I will say that when I
implemented satchmo for a client with thousands of products, I did
have to tweak satchmo's admin templates in a couple places to get
admin pages to load more quickly. Perhaps you were running into this
same kind of issue..?

--Stuart