On 20.12.2011 11:59, Thomas Guettler wrote:
Hi,

I have three cascading select input fields. I data is different, but for
example: state, city and street. They
are all ModelChoiceFields.

With jquery and view returning json, it is very easy to fill "city" if you select
"state".

But if the form gets submitted, and only "state" and "city" are filled, I want
to display
the form again.

Up to now, I almost never use request.GET or request.POST and always use
form.cleaned_data.

But here you need to peek into request.POST, since I want to fill "state"
before the form gets cleaned.

I posted my solution here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3233850/django-jquery-cascading-select-boxes/8575346#8575346

--