Hi,
Am trying to copy the exif information to the resized image of the same
image using pyexiv2. Searching for a solution i stumbled upon a post in Stack
Overflow<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/400788/resize-image-in-python-without-losing-exif-data>.
It looks like the api's used in the function is outdated and is not
available in the latest version. Based on the latest document i created a
function like this

def write_exif(originFile, destinationFile, **kwargs):
    exifInformation = get_exif(originFile)
    metadata = pyexiv2.ImageMetadata(str(destinationFile))
    for key, value in exifInformation.iteritems():
        metadata[key] = value

    metadata.write()

def get_exif(file):
    """
    Retrieves EXIF information from a image
    """
    ret = {}
    metadata = pyexiv2.ImageMetadata(str(file))
    metadata.read()
    info = metadata.exif_keys
    for key in info:
        data = metadata[key]
        ret[key] = data.raw_value
    return ret

But this ends up in an error

Python argument types in
    _ExifTag._setParentImage(_ExifTag, NoneType)
did not match C++ signature:
    _setParentImage(exiv2wrapper::ExifTag {lvalue},
exiv2wrapper::Image {lvalue})

I am now clueless on what went wrong. Could someone please help me out?
Thanks

Swaroop Shankar V