I just read your e-mail quick and somewhat carelessly, so forgive me if I'm
missing something.

Here's a list of things for you to check:

* Have you defined your Client model with abstract = True in its Meta
options?[1]
* Have you syncdb'd[2]?
* If you must name your pk something else, just follow the docs[3]

[1] http://django.me/abstract-base-classes
[2] http://django.me/syncdb
[3] http://django.me/automatic-primary-key-fields

Cheers,