Do you mean django-trunk installation?

If so, I use this in my requirements.txt:

-e svn+http://code.djangoproject.com/svn/django/trunk/#egg=django-trunk

or directly with pip:

$ pip install -e svn+
http://code.djangoproject.com/svn/django/trunk/#egg=django-trunk

Hope it helps.

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Mateusz Marzantowicz <
mmarzantow...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm having a problem with managing Django installation which was done from
> git repository
> (might be svn as well) in clean virtual environment. The problem is that
> when I install some
> other package via pip which has a Django as a dependency, it doesn't find
> my django installation
> and then downloads official release. I really need only one Django
> installation in my virtualenv,
> the one from git :) It is more related to how pip works but does anyone
> has any idea how to do it the right way?
>

> Thanks,
> Mateusz Marzantowicz

This e-mail and any file transmitted with it is intended only for the
person or entity to which is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. Copying,
dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail,
delete this communication and destroy all copies.