On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 5:33 PM, rabousha <ramiaboushaw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, only for TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS, the commas aren't added by
> default after the strings. I suspect it's an old bug.
>
> TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS = (
>    'django.core.context_processors.auth'
>    'django.core.context_processors.debug'
>    'django.core.context_processors.i18n'
>    'django.core.context_processors.media'
> )

Interesting... my mistake for thinking that this was a syntax error -- this
is equivalent to the declaration

TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS = (

'django.core.context_processors.authdjango.core.context_processors.debugdjango.core.context_processors.i18ndjango.core.context_processors.media'
)

since the Python interpreter will concatenate string literals.

Either way, this should raise an error -- an ImproperlyConfiguredError, to
be precise. I don't know of any bugs in Django 1.1 that would cause this to
raise a 404 instead -- there is likely a problem with your particular
settings.

I'm pretty sure that, even if there was a legitimate bug here, it would not
get fixed. The last update to the 1.1 series was over a year ago, and even
at that time, only security-related issues were being addressed.

If this is a serious issue for you (and it shouldn't be, if the 'fix' is to
correct the errors in your settings.py), then the recommended solution is
almost certainly going to be to upgrade. Django 1.3 is almost a year old,
and is still the current version -- if you can wait a couple of weeks,
you'll see 1.4 released as well.

> With the commas missing, all requests to nonexistent URLs returned a
> 500 error.
>

> On Feb 22, 12:31 am, Ian Clelland <clell...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > By 'missing commas', do you mean that there are *syntax errors* in your
> > settings.py file?
> >
> > That will definitely cause a 500 error, and I would be surprised if it
> > didn't do it on *every* request.
> > It seems odd that you would get a 404 when Debug is turned on, but that
> may
> > be related to the handling of the 500 error template, or possibly
> indicates
> > another error in your application settings.
> >
> > Ian
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:36 AM, rabousha <ramiaboushaw...@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >

> > > I am using django 1.1, with DEBUG = False, and
> > > TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS is missing commas, all nonexistent URLs
> > > display 500.html instead of 404.html. If I set DEBUG to True, it
> > > displays the default 404 page. if I add the commas to
> > > TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS, then it displays the 404 page. The commas
> > > are not added by default. All pages do exist, so I am not missing
> > > anything.
> >
> > > Is this a known bug?
> >
> > > --
> >
> > --