Hi,

> I tried that before your answer arrived and it worked like a charm. I
> just excluded the author field from the form and kept everything else
> the same. It works perfectly, as the user was already passed to the
> author field in the view. A logged in user can now automatically post
> a story now through the form and it appears under their username.
>
> So simple. I asked elsewhere and received extremely convoluted answers
> that caused more confusion and chaos rather than comfort.
>
> Thank you for reaffirming. Although, I didn't have to override the
> form (new_story.save()) to make it work. I should probably just leave
> it alone and enjoy the functionality!

You should only check that, although the user field now does not appear in the
form, the user cannot override the user field by changing the POST request that
is sent to your server after submitting. So it's definitively safer to
explicitly override the user field in your model on save(), instead of relying
on a pre-filled field.

best
Bernhard