On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 10:44 AM, KACAH <kacah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi django users,
>
> In Django 1.4b1, syncdb.Command().execute() has required parameters
> "verbosity" and "database". In 1.4a version they had default values
> (verbosity=1, database="default"). Is this a bug or feature?

I suspect the reason is a cleanup performed during the 1.4 development cycle
in handling of options passed to management commands that focused in the
options passed via the command line.

You are seeing this because presumably you are using the command y calling it
from Python code. A valid use case. Perhaps an addition to the release notes
would be helpful.

Now, the mentioned cleanup was performed well before the 1.4 alpha (Dec 27
2011): 1 Oct 23 2011 so I don't understand how you are seeing the change in
behavior between alpha1 and beta1.

--
Ramiro Morales