On Sunday, March 4, 2012 3:12:20 PM UTC+2, Nikhil Verma wrote:

> Hi akaariai
>
> As you said i will remove the file and leave the file in file
> system(mistake for writing delete).
> Now what i have done is :-
>
> image: Currently:
> images/testimonial-bottom_2.png<http://localhost:8000/media/images/testimonial-bottom_2.png>
>
> Change: Delete this file
>
> When you click the link Delete this file what it will do is it will remove
> the path
> "images/testimonial-bottom_2.png<http://localhost:8000/media/images/testimonial-bottom_2.png>".But
>  the problem begins when you press save button and open the same row
> in django - admin it appears again as if it was not removed and actually it
> is not removed from that ImageField . i have checked by going through shell.
>
> Actually i want implement ImageField of Django1.4b . It  has a
> checkbox(remove_image) along with the ImageField asking for clear image and
> when you click on that the image get  removed. How can i get the same thing
> working for Django1.2.5 which i am using.

One way is to check the source code of 1.4b and see what it does.

> So i thought to make a checkbox ,click on that it will trigger a post_save
> signal which first looks if the checkbox of remove_image is checked and
> when save  button is pressed it wil remove the path of image.
>
> How can i implement that ? Thanks for help in advance .

I have a bit hard time following what is the exact thing you want. So, the
best advice I can give you is this: don't use the post_save signal. Use
pre_save signal or better yet, a custom ModelForm. You must do the clearing
of the image field _before_ the data gets saved into the database, and you
can't do that from post_save signal.

 - Anssi