On 15 March 2012 04:35, orschiro <orsch...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question which is based on the discussion here:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/2333f5dc8d0674f0
>
> I'm working on Windows 7 with the PowerShell. Python 2.7 and the path
> to django-admin.py is stored in my PATH variable.
>
> After creating a project I can make use of the various manage.py
> commands in my PowerShell. However, only in the following way:
>
> 'python manage.py runserver'
>
> If I only type '.\manage.py runserver' then a new CMD window is opened
> running again 'python manage.py runserver'. That is, the command is
> forwarded to the CMD shell which opens it with the Python
> interpreter.
>
> Is there any way to tell the PowerShell to interpret the command given
> within the shell instead of launching a CMD window?

For me, both ways execute within PowerShell's shell. I do have
ActiveState ActivePython installed instead of the Python distribution
from python.org though; I find the ActiveState distribution integrates
much better with Windows than python.org's.

That said, I can't really explain why you're seeing what you're seeing
though. Does it happen if you just do '.\test.py' where test.py just
contains simple Python commands like a couple of print statements?