On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 11:31 PM, br <robert...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2) If you want to use the runserver that comes with django:
> - to run runserver, use "manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:8000" instead of
> the default (which goes to localhost or 127.0.0.1) , and then figure
> out your computer's IP address in your intranet (ivarious ways to do
> this, i use "ipconfig" from command line and pick the one that
> probably starts with 192.168).  Then when you want to access your app,
> do it at http://<your local ip address>:8000

To make things easier, create a free host redirect on no-ip.org[1] and name
it something like 'mydjangoserver.no-ip.org', then install the No-IP
service for automatically updating the redirect to match your current IP
(on a defined interval, which I usually set for 30 mins). This way you can
always point to http://mydjangoserver.no-ip.org regardless of which network
you're currently on. Helps if you're on the go often, or if you've got a
dynamic IP (my original problem back when I started using it).

Cheers,
AT

[1] http://no-ip.org/