Working with Django 1.3

I can create and run an inline formset without problems using Approach 1.
 However, when I try Approach 2, then I get the error below, triggered by
the line shown.

TypeError at /uploads/details/1
__init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'instance'

Clearly, my syntax is wrong somewhere, but how do I go about fixing this?

Thanks
Derek

Approach No.1 - NO validation

# view file

    UploadFieldFormSet = inlineformset_factory(Upload, UploadField,
                                                max_num=None,
                                                extra=9, can_delete=False)
    if request.method == 'POST':
    else:
        formset = UploadFieldFormSet(instance=upload)

Approach No. 2 - Form validation

# form file

class UploadFieldFormSet(BaseFormSet):

    def clean(self):
        if any(self.errors):
            return
        # need to add special checks here...

# view file

    UploadFieldFormSetFactory = inlineformset_factory(Upload, UploadField,

formset=UploadFieldFormSet,
                                                      max_num=None,
                                                      extra=9,
can_delete=False)
    if request.method == 'POST':
    else:
        formset = UploadFieldFormSetFactory(instance=upload)  # returns
error