25.4.2012 7:59, kenneth gonsalves kirjoitti:
hi,

I am following the geodjango tutorial, and when doing syncdb, I get the
following error:

[lawgon@xlquest geodjango]$ python manage.py syncdb
Creating tables ...
Creating table world_worldborder
Installing custom SQL ...
Installing indexes ...
Failed to install index for world.WorldBorder model:
AddGeometryColumns() - invalid SRID
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT AddGeometryColumn('','',$1,$2,$3,$4,$5)"
PL/pgSQL function "addgeometrycolumn" line 5 at SQL statement

am using postgis on Fedora 16 and django trunk

I've seen that error when you try to create new column in postgis database with SRID that doesn't exists in postgis srid definitions.

You can check does SRID exist in database:

select * from spatial_ref_sys where srid=<srid number>;

I suppose you did provided some SRID when defining column in model...

--
Jani Tiainen

- Well planned is half done and a half done has been sufficient before...