On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 8:42 PM, Larry Martell <larry.mart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Last month I set up a system and when I cloned django from git I got
> version 1.4. Now I an setting up another system, and when I clone
> django from git I get 1.5, and my app is failing. How I can get 1.4? I
> see a django-nonrel / django-1.4 but it says "Work in progress 1.4
> port, DON'T USE"

The github.com/django/django repository is now the official Django
development repository, we migrated from SVN a week ago.

Problem is that we've only migrated the development mainline. We are
working to also migrate the release tags (1.4, 1.3, ...) and the
post-release maintenance branches. The plan is to have it ready in a
couple of days.

The repository that previously was at github.com/django/django is called
now github.com/django/django-old and it has the 1.4 tag. You can clone
from it if you can't wait.

Regards,

--
Ramiro Morales