You're using old CX_Oracle (5.0.4) which is known to have issues with unicode. Try updating to 5.1.1 and see if problem persists.

8.5.2012 10:50, mapapage kirjoitti:
I'm working on a django project on Ubuntu 10.04 with Oracle Database
Server
I use Oracle Database 10g xe universal Rel.10.2.0.1.0 against
cx_Oracle-5.0.4-10g-unicode-py26-1.x86_64

My db is generated by oracle 10gr2 enterprise edition (on Windows XP,
import done in US7ASCII character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character
set, import server uses AL32UTF8 character set, export client uses
EL8MSWIN1253 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR )

When I try django-admin.py inspectdb I get the following error:
  ......."indexes = connection.introspection.get_indexes(cursor,
table_name)
   File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/django/db/backends/oracle/
introspection.py", line 116, in get_indexes
     for row in cursor.fetchall():
   File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/django/db/backends/oracle/
base.py", line 483, in fetchall
     for r in self.cursor.fetchall()])
cx_Oracle.DatabaseError: OCI-22061: invalid format text [T".

I am aware of "inspectdb works with PostgreSQL, MySQL and SQLite." but
from posts I saw that it also works with oracle somehow. Does anyone
know how I could fix this prob?

Thx

--
Jani Tiainen

- Well planned is half done and a half done has been sufficient before...