Hi,

Like I said, it all depends what you have and what is the goal.

You keep constantly talking about magical "server" that talks with the database. Is this server already existing piece of infrastructure that some programs already use and you like to hook up with that?

Or is this server something that you just invented in lack of better knowledge?

You talk about state changes (in example you give a task). Must those changes be reflected in "real time" between arbitrary clients? Or is it sufficient that client sees changes at some later point?