I've been trying to use brabeion as well, but I can't even get it to work
without giving me a KeyError and the event that fired. Not really sure how
to fix it, the error crops up in line 29 of internals.py

As far as adding icons to it, though I think the concept of brabeion
overall is superior, you may want to take a look at this
project<https://bitbucket.org/jiaaro/django-badges> as
they seem to support icons by default.

I really think brabeion is great, just wish someone/someone from eldarion
would go through and update it and add some more documentation.

Murph