There's an existing Oracle database I want to hook Django up with. The
problem is, the table I need lacks single-key primary keys. Oracle
does provide its unique table-wide ROWID which can normally be used as
a PK with a few restrictions. But it's a LOB, so a cast to string is
normally required to fetch it: SELECT ROWID || ''
Writing this expression a piece of cake for CakePHP and its
virtualFields. Can Django do the same?

Well, you guessed it, I've actually learned CakePHP and finished
writing a simple operator interface for remote Oracle + local Postgres
+ auth roles. Now I have some spare time to rewrite it in Django,
learning it at the same time (got some background learning it a year
or two ago).