It's useful to use virtualenv despite a slight learning curve. I didn't do
that at first and now I'm going back and using virtualenv now because I've
learned that the version of Django does matter depending on what you want
to do and it's easier to be able to isolate versions.

i.e. Django1.4 doesn't play nicely with Django-CMS.

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Kurtis Mullins <kurtis.mull...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Try "easy_install django" or "pip install django".
>
> Really, though -- I recommend going with a combination of Mac Brew (or
> ports or whatever third-party distribution) to install Python and pip then
> install virtualenv and virtualenvwrapper to create a virtual environment,
> then inside of the virtual environment, install Django and your
> MySQL-Python (or whatever database driver you need)
>
> It *sounds* like a lot of work but it will make things considerably easier
> for you in the long run.
>
> If not, just download django (from git) and then run its setup.py and you
> should be all good to go with runserver and sqlite
>

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Harjot Mann <harjotmann1...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> do one thing open ur terminal and run the following command
>> python
>> then u will get
>> Python 2.7.1+ (r271:86832, Apr 11 2011, 18:05:24)
>> [GCC 4.5.2] on linux2
>> then type
>> if you have version 1.4 then it will print 1.4
>> It is just a verification that ur django is installed or not.
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 5:23 PM, Diego pascual lopez
>> <azoti...@gmail.com>wrote:

>>> Yes, you have reason.
>>>
>>> Sorry.
>>>
>>> --