Bear in mind that you may want different packages in your
environments depending on the project. For example, you may have
a project that uses a maps app (from pip) which isn't required by
others. The general purpose of virtualenv is to setup clean,
self-contained environments. What would you do if one project had
a dependency that required a new version of another package that
another project can't use. :) Moreover, if you start using
virtualenvwrapper hooks (e.g. switch to the project directory
when 'workon' is called), it won't make sense anymore if you
share an environment.

Maybe I'm being a bit extreme, but it was a thought. Only you can
judge your needs.

--
Jon Black
www.jonblack.org