You still need to call result.is_valid() since it actually runs actual
validation rules.

Very basic form processing is usually done like this:

so in case of GET you return empty form. in case of invalid POST you return
form with values and error messages.

After successful POST you do redirect-after-post to avoid problems with
browser history back-button.

def form_view(request):
    if request.method == 'POST':
        form = MyForm(request.POST)
        if form.is_valid():
            form.save()
            return HttpResponseRedirect("/some/result/form")
    else:
        form = MyForm()
    return HttpResponse("form/form.html", { 'form': form })

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 4:44 AM, JJ Zolper <codinga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was able to make it work!
>
> from django.core.context_processors import csrf
> from django.template import RequestContext
> from django.http import HttpResponseRedirect
> from django.http import HttpResponse
> from django.shortcuts import render_to_response
> from MadTrak.manageabout.models import AboutMadtrak, AboutMadtrakForm
>
> def about(request):
> AboutMadtrakInstance = AboutMadtrak()
> result = AboutMadtrakForm(request.POST, instance=AboutMadtrakInstance)
> result.save()
>         return HttpResponse('It worked?!? Of course it did. I knew that.')
>
> def about_form(request):
>     return render_to_response('about_form.html', context_instance =
> RequestContext(request))
>
> I ended up looking at ModelForms and trying that since I was having issues.
>
> So does this method handle all validation and security issues for me?
>
> Or do I still need a "result.is_valid()" among other things?
>

> On Wednesday, July 11, 2012 11:51:19 AM UTC-4, Andre Schemschat wrote:
>>
>> Hey,
>>>>

>> yeah, it basicly is. Just a very, very basic example (And sorry if i
>> could highlight this as code, i didnt find something in the format-menu :/
>> ).
>> Of course you should validate your input first. And if you just want to
>> edit a Model within a form, you should check on the ModelForm-Class
>> https://docs.**djangoproject.com/en/dev/**topics/forms/modelforms/<https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/forms/modelforms/>
>>
>> def vote(request, poll_id):
>>     try:
>>         obj = YourModel.objects.get(pk=poll_**id)
>>         obj.attributea = request.POST['attributea']
>>         obj.attributeb = request.POST['attributeb']
>>         obj.save()
>>         return HttpResponse(validparamshere)
>>     except ObjectDoesNotExist:
>>         return HttpResponse(show_some_error)

> For more options, visit this group at

Jani Tiainen

- Well planned is half done, and a half done has been sufficient before...