On Wednesday, 25 July 2012 08:02:14 UTC+1, Alex Strickland wrote:

> On 2012/07/23 03:08 PM, Alex Strickland wrote:
>
> > https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/forms/formsets/ ?
>
> No.
>
> This is my html that shows a nice looking control using bootstrap, with
> lists of users broken up into their groups:

>        {% for group in group_list %}
>          <a class="accordion-toggle" data-toggle="collapse"
> data-parent="#group_accordion" href="#{{ group.name }}">
>          {{ group.name }}
>          </a>
> forloop.counter0 == 0 %} in{% endif %}">
>              {% for user in group.user_set.all %}
>              <label class="checkbox"> <input type="checkbox" name="{{
> user.id }}" > {{ user.first_name }} {{ user.last_name }}</label>
>              {% endfor %}
>        {% endfor %}
>
> But for the life of me I cannot figure out the "Django" way of achieving
> this and leveraging the benefits of something like this:
>
>      foo = forms.ModelMultipleChoiceField(
>          User.objects.all(),
>          widget=forms.CheckboxSelectMultiple)
>
> I think I'll have to do all the messy data handling myself, but maybe
> someone has the answer?
>
> --
> Regards
> Alex

You could probably subclass the CheckboxSelectMultiple widget and override
the `render` method to get what you want.

See the original code here:
https://github.com/django/django/blob/master/django/forms/widgets.py#L749
unfortunately you'll need to copy-and-paste most of that code but that
should give you the output you need while still leaving Django to do the
"messy data handling" .
--
DR.