Am 12.09.2012 um 10:27 schrieb Stephen Anto:

> There are lots of sources available on net for Django pagination. I am
> using django pagination on my website http://www.f2finterview.com/ for show
> questions and answers.
>
> each request fetches only five questions and answers (Eg.
> http://f2finterview.com/web/Django/)
Is this lazy fetching, i.e. are the rows fetched, when I step into that page,
or immediately?
I tried Subclassing Paginator and slicing:
---
class OneShotPaginator(Paginator):
    def __init__(self, object_list, per_page, orphans=0,
allow_empty_first_page=True):
        super(OneShotPaginator, self).__init__(object_list[:20], per_page,
orphans, allow_empty_first_page)
---
This did not reduce the number of displayed rows to 20.
Only the summary count at  the botton is now 20. )-8
Any glue?

> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Axel Rau <axel....@chaos1.de> wrote:
>
>> I have a table with lots of IP addresses.
>> I defined some search_fields and that works well.
>> How can I limit the amount of fetched and displayed rows (and pages)?
>> A filter which slices the QuerySet to display only the first 100 results,
>> would do it, but I do not know, how to create a filter, which produces no
>> widgets and does not filter on a specific field.

Axel
---
PGP-Key:29E99DD6  ☀ +49 151 2300 9283  ☀ computing @ chaos claudius