Well it's easy, just follow the FAQ to add some extra fields and in the
forms.py :

from django import forms
from userena.forms import SignupForm

class SignupFormExtra(SignupForm):
    avatar = forms.ImageField()

    def save(self):
        new_user = super(SignupFormExtra, self).save()

        profile = new_user.get_profile()
        profile.mugshot = self.cleaned_data['avatar']
        profile.save()

        return new_user

Cheers.