13.9.2012 11:23, sbrandt kirjoitti:
After evaluating some API creation frameworks, namely tastypie, pistion
and django rest framework, it came out that I would never use the first
two in my projects.

Sorry that I can't provide more detailed information, but it's about a
year ago. Both had issues with their architecture and philosophy not
being clear, straight or smart enough to me. The latter,
django-rest-framework (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/djangorestframework)
was very young at this time and followed the then-new paradigm of class
based views. Since it behaves like other django views (URL config,
mixins, etc.) it is very nice to use and extensible.

I'm also fan (and user) of django-rest-framework. Just because it's quite easily to be extended with all kind of stuff you need (specially since I work with ExtJS 4 which does have support that resembles REST from some parts), allows me to define URLs I want and does quite much stuff OOTB.

Also in few cases I really work things that do not bound to any models, querysets or whatsoever django-rest-framework just works with them as well.

--
Jani Tiainen

- Well planned is half done and a half done has been sufficient before...