On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Thomas Orozco <tho...@orozco.fr> wrote:
> Here's an example:
>
> from django.template import loader
> l =
> loader.find_template_loader('django.template.loaders.app_directories.Loader')
> # Or W/E loader you happen to use
> l.load_template_source(somewhere/'your_template.html')
>
> This will return a tuple (template string, template_path).
>
> This way you should be able to troubleshoot your issue.
> You could always try wich each loader using:
>

> from django.conf import settings
> for loader_name in settings.TEMPLATE_LOADERS:
>     l = loader.find_template_loader(loader_name)
>     l.load_template_source(somewhere/'your_template.html')

I tried that, but I got:

ImportError: Settings cannot be imported, because environment variable
DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE is undefined.

So I tried setting that, first to the absolute path to my setting
file, and I got:

Import by filename is not supported.

Then to the relative path:

relative imports require the 'package' argument

Then to just settings.py:

No module named settings.py