On 9/14/12 3:47 AM, Bob Aalsma wrote:
SOLVED by Tom Evans:
insert
unset LC_CTYPE ; export LANG="nl_NL.UTF-8"
into .bash_profile
That is a solution, but depends on who is running and whether it is a login shell.

I strongly recommend adding the lines I mentioned earlier to the top of your manage.py so your Django installation will run properly under other accounts and startup environments. I'm not sure why you had trouble doing that or what your symptoms were.

hth

                         - Tom