On Friday, September 28, 2012, Babatunde Akinyanmi wrote:

> Let me try to assist. A forms is_valid method causes 3 types of
> cleaning methods to be run. Based on that, I'm sure you really don't
> need to override it.

Yes, I've just discoverde the ValidationError e part of the docs :|

> I really don't understand what you mean by "I want the description
> field to be not blank/not the empty string" so maybe I could have been
> of more help but I'm sure a solution to your problem would be to
> override either the form's clean_fieldname or clean methods.

ie,
if e.mark = W, e.descr must be >"" # it can be anything from "a" to
"pregnant" to "killed" to "this is not an empty string" or " this is not a
blank string"
else e.descr == "" #this is a blank or empty string

> Check: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/forms/validation/
> which is a link to the documentation on form validation

cheers - since I am using the admin forms, I was hoping I could add it to
the model, but is ok if I need to rewrite the forms

cheers
L.