On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Lachlan Musicman <data...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Smriti Patodi <smritipat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I was wondering if there is some place where I can find documentation
>> related to Django's Software Development process/model.
>
> Spend time with the tutorial, then just keep reading the docs - it
> doesn't really get any easier. The tutorial is fantastic.
>
> It is well marked on the front page:
> http://www.djangoproject.com/
>
> https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.4/intro/tutorial01/
>
> If you don't know webservers, you will need to read up on one - Apache
> or Nginx are well supported.
> If you don't know DBs, sqlite doesn't need any study, but MYSQL and
> PostgreSQL are the other two most popular options. MySQL has a lot of
> docs floating about and is easy to pick up

These will also make your life easier:

*nix:
bash and vim/emacs
pip (python installer)
virtualenv
virtualenvwrapper

django:
South (for when you make small changes in the model structure)
django-extensions (for when you need extras like "what does a map of
my models look like)

Cheers
L.

--
...we look at the present day through a rear-view mirror. This is
something Marshall McLuhan said back in the Sixties, when the world

http://www.warrenellis.com/?p=14314