Hi Elena, I actually had the exact same problem Francesco was having.  I
wasn't able to start a project, and then I tried your question.  The cmd
line went something like this:

(env) path/to/directory/python env/Scripts/django-admin.py startproject
newproject

It worked!  While I'm happy with the result, I'd like to keep projects in
the root folder, and typing out the path to django-admin.py every time
seems like quite a hassle.  Is there a way to point to the file without
having to specify its location?  All the tutorials and such that I've seen
online simply use the django-admin.py startproject (name) convention and it
works fine.

Dan