Oliver Andrich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running Django 0.95 . And so far I can't see any problems.

How'd you do it?

I'm on Windows XP.  I installed Python 2.5 from python.org without a
problem.

But then I found that pysqlite Windows binaries for Python 2.5 don't
exist, and neither does setuptools.  Trying to install Django 0.95 on
top of Python 2.5 gives me this:

----------------
C:\Documents and Settings\John\Desktop\Django-0.95>setup.py install

This script requires setuptools version 0.6c1 to run (even to display
help).  I will attempt to download it for you (from
http://cheeseshop.python.org/packages/2.5/s/setuptools/), but
you may need to enable firewall access for this script first.
I will start the download in 15 seconds.

(Note: if this machine does not have network access, please obtain the file

http://cheeseshop.python.org/packages/2.5/s/setuptools/setuptools-0.6c1-py2.5.egg

and place it in this directory before rerunning this script.)
Downloading
http://cheeseshop.python.org/packages/2.5/s/setuptools/setuptools-0.6c1-py2.5.egg
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Documents and Settings\John\Desktop\Django-0.95\setup.py",
line 2, in <module>
     ez_setup.use_setuptools()
   File "C:\Documents and
Settings\John\Desktop\Django-0.95\ez_setup.py", line 72, in use_setuptools
     egg = download_setuptools(version, download_base, to_dir,
download_delay)
   File "C:\Documents and
Settings\John\Desktop\Django-0.95\ez_setup.py", line 126, in download_setup
tools
     src = urllib2.urlopen(url)
   File "C:\Python25\lib\urllib2.py", line 121, in urlopen
     return _opener.open(url, data)
   File "C:\Python25\lib\urllib2.py", line 380, in open
     response = meth(req, response)
   File "C:\Python25\lib\urllib2.py", line 491, in http_response
     'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
   File "C:\Python25\lib\urllib2.py", line 418, in error
     return self._call_chain(*args)
   File "C:\Python25\lib\urllib2.py", line 353, in _call_chain
     result = func(*args)
   File "C:\Python25\lib\urllib2.py", line 499, in http_error_default
     raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
urllib2.HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

I poked around in http://cheeseshop.python.org/packages/2.5/, and an
.egg file was nowhere to be found.

I could build pysqlite from the sources, but the setuptools problem is a
little more daunting.

John