Hi,

I could not any recent work similar to what you have described.

Charles Leifer tried to do some django+github[1] integration and his
work is available on github[2].

There are good implementations of Github Oauth as you can see it in
django-social-auth[3] and django-allauth[4].

There are many python libraries, e.g. github3.py[5],for Github
Developer API[6]. You can use any of these inside your django app.

You might be interested in django-git[7] as well. It's a gitweb
replacement written in Django.

Links
1. http://charlesleifer.com/blog/simple-integration-github-django-github/
2. https://github.com/frozenskys/django-github