Django doesn't touch tables that already exists in database.

So if you had model Poll run syncdb and then change, add or remove fields Django doesn't modify underlying table.

There is few options that resolves your problem:
- Manually migrate your database using plain SQL.
- Recreate table or whole database.
- Use south for database migrations.