On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Larry Martell <larry.mart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 3:43 PM, Shawn Milochik <sh...@milochik.com> wrote:
>> If you have an HTML file input field in your template you get one
>> automatically from your browser.
>
> Thanks! Do you know how to change the text displayed in the button?
> It's displaying 'Choose File' and I want it to have something else.
> Also once the user selects the file(s) how do I get the list of names
> back into my python code?

You can't, and you can't. The text in the button comes from your
browser and the language in it will change based on your browser's
language setting. The only way to "change" it is to fake it by using
CSS to hide it and display something on top of it.

You can't get the list of files from the user's OS into your Web app.
That would be a glaring security flaw.