From: Navid Shaikh <shaikhnavi...@gmail.com>
Sender: django-users@googlegroups.com
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 02:20:29
To: <django-users@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Settings object has no attribute 'ROOT_URLCONF'  while deploying
 using apache and mod_wsgi

Hi folks,

(Before posting I searched in archive and the question is kind of similar
to thread [1].)

I am getting error:
AttributeError: 'Settings' object has no attribute 'ROOT_URLCONF'

I am using
a) Django version 1.3.2.
b) Apache
c) mod_wsgi

I followed standard Django docs [2] to implement configurations.

Below are my some config file excerpts:
(I renamed my actual site name with mysite)

mysite-httpd.conf (filename)
-----

WSGIScriptAlias / "/usr/share/slate/apache/mysite.wsgi"

-----

mysite.wsgi   (filename)
------
#!/usr/bin/python
#
# For Apache mod_wsgi.
import os
import sys

path = os.path.dirname(os.path.dirname(os.path.abspath(__file__)))

sys.path.append(path)                   # /usr/share/slate/
sys.path.append(os.path.dirname(path))  # /usr/share/

os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = 'mysite.settings'

import django.core.handlers.wsgi
application = django.core.handlers.wsgi.WSGIHandler()
------

After reading thread[1] , I think that there is problem in setting
'DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE', as I have 'ROOT_URLCONF variable
set in settings.py.

Please point out where I am doing it wrong.

Links:
[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/django-users@googlegroups.com/msg28764.html
[2] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.3/howto/deployment/modwsgi/

Thanks and Regards,