On 2013-03-19 18:42, Larry Martell wrote:
> https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/howto/outputting-pdf/ which
> says to use the Content-disposition header to trigger the save as.
> I've done this, but I don't get a save as dialog box. The file is
> just downloaded to a download dir with the name I have provided.
>
> Is there a way I can specify from my app what directory I want the
> file saved to?

I believe this is a browser-configuration setting controlled by the
user, not by HTTP metadata.  In Firefox, I have the option to either
open the file or save the file, along with a check-box to "always do
this"; FF also provides me the control to specify where the file goes
on a per-download basis, or to default to a given location.

tl;dr: I don't think your web-app can take away this control from the
user.

-tkc