You can do deploy using git and git tags for version and south migration
scripts for db changes. v099 is a git tag in your repository. In some
automated way (check fabric). In my case I not gone to fabric yet, so I
have a bash script that do:

git reset --hard &&
  git pull && git checkout $1
  python manage.py migrate --delete-ghost-migrations &&
  python manage.py collectstatic -cl --noinput &&
  touch  $VIRTUALENV/tmp/restart.txt

$1 is a parameter, so it is like that: release_new_version v099.

Fabric is a much better way to work, but myself not migrated yet because
lack of time.

Felipe 'chronos' Prenholato.
Linux User nº 405489
Home page: http://devwithpassion.com | http://chronosbox.org/blog