Hi,

I'm still a beginner and currently I'm trying to get more familiar with
Django.

I'm looking for any more detailed best-practices-type description on how
the development cycle is meant to be managed.

In settings.py, there are paths like TEMPLATE_DIRS and STATICFILE_DIRS, how
is this supposed to work when paths on the development machine differ from
the production server?

I suppose I do not have to adjust those paths every time I upload a new
version of my application?

Another point, how do I manage the time until the database schemes are
updated to a new version (I'm planning to use south for database scheme
maintenance) and nobody is supposed to use the application until
everything's able to work again?

So far that's all I can think of right now - but I'm sure a lot more
questions will rise the next few days :-)

Thomas