Hey guys,

I have a situation where I have test data that has been entered into a demo
database (MySQL). During the demo of the app with a customer, data will be
altered. After the demo is complete, I need to "reset" the demo data back
to what it was before the demo.

I realize I could do this easily by dumping the database and then restoring
it after the demo is complete, but there's a catch... *the dates all need
to change, too.*

So, say the demo happens on 05/01. I have an "Event" object with a date of
"05/22" (21 days in the future). When the demo gets reset (I'm planning on
a nightly reset, maybe 2am or something), it needs to change ALL the dates
in the database to have the same "timedelta" to the next day. So on the
next day, 05/02, that same "Event" object would have a date of "05/23"
(still 21 days in the future). This is necessary to keep things like
date-based notifications, triggers, and other related things always in the
same state whenever the demo occurs.

I figure the steps would go something like this:
1) Dump database
2) // do demo
3) Restore database from dump
4) Some sort of django management command run on a cronjob to change all
dates (or maybe straight SQL in a PROCEDURE or something).

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?
--
Joey "JoeLinux" Espinosa*
*