Hi everyone,

I need to do some validation in my model. So far, I have been able to
validate normal forms, but I want to validate forms with an inline, to
ensure that at least one of those inlines match the requirement.

My code:

    class PDMAdminForm(ModelForm):
        class Meta:
            model = PersonDepartmentMembership

        def clean(self):
            previous_leaders = []
            if self.instance:  # the instance is already on the db
                previous_leaders =
    self.instance.department.employee_memberships.filter(lead__exact=True)
            lead = self.cleaned_data['lead'] # access fields from the
    form itself
            # do some validations and eventually throw ValidationErrrors
    [...]
            return self.cleaned_data

This works great for a single inline. But if I have several
PersonDepartmentMembership instances to be created, I don't know how to
check the value of those other (I just want to ensure that at least one
fo them has lead==True).

Does anyone know how to do this cross validation? Thank you very much
for your suggestions.

Regards,

Roberto