On 2013-05-25 12:40, Kokas wrote:
> Hello
>
> When I run the initially created project using the command 'python
> manage.py runserver' gives me
> Error: [Errno 10013]

A from-the-hip guess is that you're running on a machine (such as
Linux/BSD/Mac) where ports <1024 are considered privileged, and can
only be opened by "root" rather than by your user.

> When I run this command though 'python manage.py runserver 8001',
> then I can see the site on http://localhost:8001
>
> Can you tell me why this happens and what are those 4 digit numbers
> after localhost?

This tells "runserver" to listen on port "8001" (instead of the
default 80 which is privileged, being <1024).  So you then need to
point your browser to localhost, and use the specified port.

-tkc

PS:  I might have a fence-posting error here, as I don't remember
whether 1024 is priv'ed or not, meaning that my comments might need
to be "<=1024" rather than "<1024".