Just wanted to update everyone on the solve for this.

It turns out that I was overzealous in my pre-planning.

In my urls.py at the top of my project I had defined extra applications
that I had not fleshed out yet.  So they didn't have any urls.py or
views.py defined.

Even though the error was pointing at my specific code, after commenting
out the applications I hadn't fleshed out yet, everything is working great.

Thanks