I have tried as well using the post_save signal and overriding the
save() method. But in none of those cases Project.departments is
populated yet when reaching my code :-/

On 06/28/2013 11:50 AM, Roberto López López wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to listen to the m2m_changed signal on my models, but I
> can't make it work. Even the execution flow does not reach the linked
> method!
>
>     class Project(models.Model):
>         departments = models.ManyToManyField('department.Department',
>     related_name='projects',
>
>     through='project.ProjectDepartmentMembership')
>
>     @receiver(m2m_changed, sender=Project.departments.through)
>     def _on_change_m2m(sender, instance, action, reverse, model,
>     pk_set, using, **kwargs):
>         pass
>
> As interface I am using the django admin, and departments appears as
> an inline of Project
>
> Any help please? Thanks.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Roberto

Kind regards,

Roberto López López

System Developer
Parallab, Uni Computing
Høyteknologisenteret, Thormøhlensgate 55
N-5008 Bergen, Norway
Tel:        (+47) 555 84091