I'm just getting involved with setting up testing using the django
testing facilities, and I have a couple of questions.

If I do this from the django shell:

$ python manage.py shell
Python 2.7.2 (default, Oct 11 2012, 20:14:37)
[GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple Clang 4.0 (tags/Apple/clang-418.0.60)] on darwin
(InteractiveConsole)
>>> from django.test.utils import setup_test_environment
>>> setup_test_environment()

Should I expect to see that the test db was created? Because I do not
see it. (The docs say "This convenience method sets up the test
database").  But then I read:

create_test_db: Creates a new test database and runs syncdb against
it. So then I thought maybe I have to call that. But I got:

>>> create_test_db()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'create_test_db' is not defined

Concerning fixture, I read in the docs where it says you can set up
fixture files for initialing the test db. What will prevent those test
fixtures from getting loaded when I do a syncdb of my 'real' database?

Thanks!
-larry